Monday, July 29, 2013

Guess Blogger Miss VJ is Back!!

The Shoe Shopper Extraordinaire is back and her mission - and she chose to accept it! - to review the ubiquitous ankle bootie found at Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale. Her goal to try on every ankle bootie, review it for comfort and style, and weigh in with her expert opinion. For the sake of controlling the results, ankle booties were separated into 3 categories: dressy, everyday, and fierce. Today, Miss VJ reviews the dressy boots.
Remember Anniversary Sale at Nordstrom ends August 5th!

Anniversary Sale Price $99.90, Post Sale $149.95
 
Miss VJ's Review:
"A bad fit, but a cool-looking boot.  I could tell that wearing them all day would be misery - cramped toe box (my big toe would be hating me) and the fit around the ankle wasn't that great either.  No padding around the ball of your foot.  Still, if these complaints don't scare you off, give them a try.  They're cool (6 out of 10)."
 
Anniversary Sale Price $259.90, Post Sale $395.

 
Miss VJ's Review:
"Of all the booties I tried on for this blog, this one intrigued me most.  When I opened the shoe box, it was love at first sight: gorgeous Bordeaux suede, a reasonable heel height with a small platform.  A nice pointed toe that didn't look like you were cramming your foot into a cone.  I tried one shoe, I put on the second shoe (not always a guarantee, mind you), I stood up to admire them and they looked good.  Great shape, nice fit around the ankle.  I started to walk - big mistake.  My left heel started slipping.  Their too big!  I just need a smaller size, that's all; an easy fix.  As I walked a little more, I realized that half the toes in my right foot were crammed against each other (so much for them being too small.  My feet are the same size so I can't blame them).  I wanted them to fit so badly; I even wore them the whole time I wrote this review to see if things would improve - they didn't (sigh). 'But they're pretty and they'll go with everything, I rationalized.  'Maybe I should try another size'.  We all know how that's going to end.  It's not fair to the other booties - I shouldn't play favorites.  Many other boo..... sorry, had to take them off.  My foot started cramping. (6 out of 10)."
 
Anniversary Sale Price $84.90, Post Sale $128.95

Miss VJ's Review:
"Very pretty shape.  More rounded toe than the Donald Pliner, had some nice padding around the arch.  Otherwise, the top is oddly shaped, my heel slipped and the opening rubbed.  The Enzo Angiolini and Donal Pliner provide a better fit.  (3 out of 10)."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment